We are always looking for energetic individuals to assist in our dive operations.
Surface support and safety divers are an integral part of our team and their assistance is greatly appreciated. A single individual will often carry out both positions of surface support and safety diver due to limited space on the boat.
- Over 18
- Willingness to work with boat Captain to ensure safety of all team members.
- Work with Captain to ensure boat is correctly loaded.
- Ensure all deco-station components are present and in good working order.
- Assist team in loading gear and dive platform onto boat.
- Deploy and set grapple on direction of boat Captain.
- Rigging of deco station.
- Assist team members in gearing up. This is not as easy as it may seem, each team member may have several tanks that will need to be clipped on.
- Small details such as orientation of gate clips is crucial.
- Attention to detail is critical as each diver will have specific requests that the surface support team member will need to address.
- Assist heavily laden divers to swim step.
- Help divers with fins as requested/needed.
- Inform Captain if diver has extra gear that will be handed down after water entry such as cameras or scooters.
- Communicate between Captain and diver to ensure divers safe entry into water.
- Ensure no part of divers gear hangs up and inform Captain of ‘diver in the water’.
- Hand down and assist diver with remaining gear.
Assisting Teams while Surfacing
NOTE: This is a very busy time, while assisting a surfaced team, another team may surface. Communication and organizational skills are very helpful.
- Inform Captain that divers have surfaced.
- Liaison between divers and Captain to ensure safe positioning of boat.
- Inform Captain when divers are on the swim step.
- Assist divers in removing and lifting stage tanks onto boat.
- Tanks cannot be left on the deck to roll around and must be properly stored.
- When divers reach top of platform, help with removal of fins.
- Assist diver to seated position if requested.
- Assist diver with rig removal if requested.
After All Team Members are On Board
- Recover and stow deco platform.
- Recover and stow grapple and lines.
- Ensure all gear is safely stored.
- Enjoy ‘post dive libations’ that will be presented to the surface support crew by the exploration team members.