We will do Open Waters at Alki Cove 1 or Cove 2 (depending on the crowd). We’ll be having LOTS of FUN, but there are a few things that will make that even more fun:
- Get some nice warm tea / cocoa / soup and enjoy it before you arrive
- BRING HOT WATER to warm yourself up (e.g two gallon milk jugs kept in a cooler, or just a cooler full of warm water. You can stand in it and pour the warm water down your wetsuit)
- Bring food if you need munchies
- Bring a bottle of drinking water too… you’ll be working and we always want to stay hydrated
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Two dives to a max depth of 40′, approx 20 minutes each
- Open Water Gear
- 2 tanks (make sure they have enough gas before you leave the dive shop)
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel
- We should be done by Noon on Saturday.
- Don’t forget to Refill Your Tanks after diving Saturday in preparation for Sunday.
- Don’t forget to Bring a Passport Photo (for your certification card for Sunday)
Day 2 (Sunday) STARTS at 1PM.
- Two dives to a max depth 60′, about 20 minutes each
- Gear (same as Saturday)
- We need to fill out paperwork Sunday, so we probably won’t be done until about 2p Sunday.