Online dive forums and resources can be a great source of information and help you get excited about learning new techniques, exploring new dive sites or areas, and meeting new dive buddies.
Always remember that people’s opinions vary, as does their actual experience and knowledge on a subject..so just be aware of that as you get advice.
- Northwest Dive Club: Local pacific northwest focused dive forum. Lots of folks talking about diving, good place to find regular local dives.
- Scubaboard: Scubaboard covers recreational diving all over the world. Need advice on diving in the Caymans, they’ve got a sub-forum for that. Want to know about diving in Fiji, no worries…they have a Pacific Islands Forum too.
Technical, Rebreather & Cave Forums
- The Deco Stop: A forum focused on technical and cave diving. Great info and a wealth of info, but comments can get snarky for novices asking questions who haven’t done their research independently.
- Rebreather World: Community focused on rebreathers. Great place to learn and ask questions about rebreathers.
- CCR Explorers: Rebreather focused forum, also heavily leaning toward cave discussions.
- Cave Diver’s Forum: As the name implies, all about the caves.
Local Groups & Clubs
- Emerald Sea Dive Club: Everett based local dive club
- Moss Bay Dive Club: Kirkland based local dive club
- Marker Buoy Dive Club: Seattle based local dive club
- Northwest Underwater Explorers: facebook group of team oriented divers
- Seattle Mudsharks: Underwater Sports sponsored local diving group